Thursday, January 13, 2011

Door to Door Bathroom Janitor

In college my brother-in-law and I had a door to door service for peoples lawns (aerating).  We were successful enough at it to quit our day jobs and just work Saturday, thus leaving the whole rest of the week for study.  It kind of opened my mind to the urgency that door to door sales naturally carries with it.  People are required to make quick decisions and most of the time, if you have a good pitch and a decent price, they say yes.

So here's an idea for some struggling college student out there with too much homework and not enough money.  Door to door bathroom cleaner.  I personally think people would be all over this.  You just find a nicer suburban neighborhood and carry your cleaning supplies with you.  I don't think you could come up with a more disgusting home chore to help people out with.

Question:
Given the current state of your bathroom how much would you pay someone else to do a one time clean, if you were the one who had to clean it?

2 comments:

  1. No more than $10, because I'm a cheapskate. If they were charging more than that, I would probably just leave my bathroom dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is that people with relatively clean bathrooms would turn you down, but the slobs who haven't cleaned their bathroom in the 20 years since they moved into the house would be like, "Sure, come on in!" And let me tell you, there are not a lot of less fun ways to spend your day than scrubbing someone else's pee off walls and floors...On a side note, lots of these ideas are really cool, Quinn! You should start some of them!
    -this one is Charity

    ReplyDelete