Monday, November 28, 2011

Inventory on Your Smart Phone

It's the time of year when my accounting lady hands me a big list of furniture, computer equipment and pallet jacks and makes me verify that the company still has those things on premise.  Some of it is super easy, we only have one fork lift and I know it's in the garage, check (off the list that is).  With other items, despite my notes from the previous year and tags that fell off, I struggle to tell which of the 75 miss matched chairs are the "4 Lane Soho Chairs".  I need a program that quickly generates QR codes on stickers (that don't come off) that I can use with my phone.  Then I could simply walk around the office with my phone, scan QR codes as I go and know exactly what matches up to our inventory list.

No comments:

Post a Comment