Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is There Anyone Else in the Hotel?

We stayed in a hotel, a nicer one, got a great deal on priceline.com the other day.  We had just checked in and the kids were bouncing around and we were trying to get everybody ready to go swim.  Well I get a knock at the door and it's the guy from the floor below wondering if we could keep it down because he's conducting an interview.  It was 5:30 PM on a Saturday.  I was a little frustrated at the man then at my kids and then at the hotel and then I had some good ideas.

First idea for the day is for hotels to book rooms as far away from occupied rooms as possible.  So if the hotel had three floors you could book up the hotel like a checker board with the same room full on the 1st floor and the 3rd floor but have the 2nd floor as buffer.

The second idea I kind of wish I had was some way of knowing if the rooms around me are occupied.  Perhaps a little map that shows the rooms around me with lights that indicate if it's got someone in it or not.  That way I know just to let the kids go wild and jump on the beds or if I need to be (like I was for the rest of the trip) overly sensitive to every sound and footstep taken.

1 comment:

  1. Also, they should mark the haunted hotel rooms in red so occupants know what they are getting into...

    ReplyDelete