Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Suggested Pit Stops on a Road Trip

I think almost everyone has used a site like mapquest.com or maps.google.com to get from point A to an unknown point B.  I think it would be nice to have an option where you could type in how often you want to stop like every two hours (I've got 4 kids under 8) or three times during the entire trip.  Then mapquest would divide up your route and suggest cool places to take your pit stop.  So if I were driving from Boise to Salt Lake City I would type in how many stops I want to make and then it would spit out a suggestion like "The Garden of Eden" which is really a gas station along that route that has a waterfall and fake tree with a snake that has electronic red eyes.  It's a pretty cool stop.  Or I could only request historical sites, or state parks, or gas station near state parks.  You would also have an "off the road" option.  This way you could type in 5 miles and it would give you the coolest places to stop and all be within 5 miles of the main route you drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment