Monday, March 28, 2011

Watch the Process: Meat Processing

If you've been to Tillamook you know what I'm talking about.  So the joke (my wife and I laughed at how wrong this is) is  you would have a slaughter house where you could watch how it all works from behind a strong window.  The cheese factory in Tillamook, OR has it this way and you can watch how they make their famous sharp cheddar and then at the end you get a sample and a walk through their overpriced grocery store to the best reason to vacation in Oregon: the Tillamook ice cream.  In the slaughter house you could watch the process as the workers went about their duties and at the end of the self guided tour you would be treated to samples of beef jerky, walk through the overpriced grocery store and instead of ice cream there would be a huge stake pit where you could get any cut any way.  I'm sure PETA would be all over it so to hedge your bet you could open a vegetarian restaurant right next door and feed all the protesters at lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, dining among those protesters would be your sweet little sister me...Horrible idea, i'll personally sabotage this plan myself if you try to get it off the ground! I swear!

    ReplyDelete