Monday, May 30, 2011

Flexible Holidays

Memorial Day is the day we remember those who have fallen in defense of our country, my hats off to those for whom we celebrate this day.

Today got me thinking of an idea that might be more applicable to Labor Day.  The weather has been pretty dreary this weekend and it made me think of a job I did a while back.  I worked in the securities trade and because of the way our company worked we had some holiday's that were considered 1/2 holidays, some came into work and others would take the day off and then the following Friday those that had worked during the holiday got it off and everyone else worked.  It was kind of nice and considering how great the weather is suppose to be next weekend and having paid respects on Saturday, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a ton done at the office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment