Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunday Paper Advertising on the Web

One of the things I find just a little annoying about the web is I can't do a "quick look".  You would find the "quick look" in all the advertising that comes in a Sunday paper or a heading in the yellow pages.  In the case of the paper I can take a huge stack of advertisements flip through them toss the ones I don't care about and browse the ones I like.  With the yellow pages I can open a section flip through a couple of pages in a matter of seconds and know who takes AMEX, who's got 24 hr service, who specializes in my type of garage door opener, etc.  Online, even with a google search, you have to bounce in and out of the web sites to get the same information.  So there needs to be a special deals page that can be personalized to you.  I for example would have sporting good stores and any place that sold decent men's clothing.  I would jump on there and be able to scroll down the page in a matter of seconds and see if Cabela's or Macy's or Big 5 were having a sale that week.  If you wanted more detailed information you could simply click on a link that would take you to that stores advertisement for the sale.  If a company wasn't doing 20% all men's socks that week the site would say "no sales".

No comments:

Post a Comment